Thrift stores are usually full of old and worn-out pine coffee tables. Most of the time, they are made of solid wood but they look outdated and boring. This is the case with this simple coffee table Amelie found at a thrift store for a very cheap price. It was time for a coffee table […]
Coffee Table Makeover
1. Paint it Black!Looking for a modern and timeless style? Go black! It adds class and character to any coffee table. Sarah’s simple goodwill makeover is truly astonishing! Black color is suitable for different styles of furniture. We really like this black painted cane coffee table. Due to the water-damaged veneer and an MDF top, Amanda had no choice but to paint it. And black is the perfect color to give this piece a modern twist.
2. Blue Painted Coffee Table with Metallic TopBlue is not limited to beach houses. Actually, it’s the perfect color to freshen up your living room. We really loved Charlotte’s makeover. The combination of the deep blue and the metal top is JUST perfect! Charlotte explained she likes combining textures and thought a metallic topper of some sort might make the table seem a little less massive. The sheet metal topper was custom-made at a local sheet metal joint within a few minutes. Later, Charlotte painted the table legs with a shiny navy blue.
2. Two Tone Coffee Table (color and raw wood)We adore painted furniture, but we also appreciate the natural beauty of wood. Sometimes, though, the wood finish has seen better days or the piece appears too plain. That’s when paint comes to the rescue! Two-tone is an ideal solution for reviving a dated or damaged table without hiding its stunning wooden features. It’s a magical blend of vibrant paint and raw wood that brings new life to old pieces. Take this coffee table as an example: its dark painted legs flawlessly accentuate the refinished round top, creating a captivating contrast. Check out our step by step tutorial HERE. Check out our step by step tutorial HERE. Make also sure to check out this Coastal Style Coffee Table Makeover. White paint here is the perfect complement to the warm wood table top. We are hooked!
4. Farmhouse style coffee tablePainting your coffee table farmhouse style is easy and will never disappoint you. Check out this amazing work from Christina: Coffee Table Makeover: Whitewashed & Distressed (step by steo). You will also learn how to build a brand new top for your next table makeover!
5. Striped Coffee TableLove modern and colorful furniture? Look no further than stripes! These vibrant lines bring a burst of color to any coffee table, even the simplest one. Plus, painting stripes is a breeze with painter’s tape. Prepare to be amazed by my friend Christelle’s incredible makeover of a dull pine wood coffee table using bold and bright hues.
6. Consider Painting Cane Webbing!If you think cane webbing furniture is terribly outdated and difficult to paint, well, think again! Discover how Denise from Salvaged Inspirations transformed this old end table and you’ll never pass up a cane piece ever again.
7. Dare to paint it Red!Red is an exciting color and one of my favorites. Painting furniture red can be intimidating, but coffee tables are the perfect canvas for this vibrant shade! Look at this classic style coffee table, completely painted in bright red, even the handles. It adds a bold and lively touch to this living room!
8. Stenciled TopWant to add a stunning design to your coffee table but can’t draw? No worries! Stencils are the perfect solution. They effortlessly turn boring, outdated furniture into something truly one-of-a-kind. And guess what? It’s simpler than you’d imagine! Let me show you how Christelle transformed her brown coffee table with a stencil and spray paint. Get ready for an incredible makeover: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Stylish Coffee Table with a Gold Stenciled Design.
9. What about a splash of gold?For this coffee table redo, Jennifer simply painted the table feet with gold Rub ‘n Buff. Small action but big difference.
10. Mixing paint and paperPaper is also a nice way to give an old coffee table a new life. You may use leftover wallpaper, old maps, or even wrapping paper. This dated arched legs coffee table was completely transformed by Marie. The match between black paint and wrapping paper is just perfect!
More coffee table makeover ideas:
Do you think Formica is out of style? Check out this Formica coffee table quick makeover. Formica is a popular material used in furniture manufacturing. It is known for its durability and resistance to scratches and stains. However, over time, laminate table tops may start to show signs of wear and tear or become outdated
Today’s makeover is more a refinish than a real makeover. No stunning transformation, just a little splash of gold paint to enhance the beauty of this mid-century style coffee table. This is a typical mid-century piece of furniture, with its sophisticated and elegant design. The table is made of teak wood. The legs are solid
Do you love colors but you don’t know how to combine them for a good furniture makeover project? Stripes may be the answer. Stripes can add a pop of color and make shine even the more basic piece of furniture. Now on to the DIY Striped Coffee Table. This is another project realized by my
This small coffee table was salvaged by my friend Chrystele at a flea market. Asking price was 10 € (roughly 10 $) so she did not hesitate for one second. In less than 5 minutes, the coffee table was loaded in her trunk! Chrystele loved the shape of this coffee table, especially its beautiful curvy
This makeover project conducted by my friends Chrystele. She purchased this outdated round coffee table for a bargain on the Facebook Marketplace. It was outdated but in a very good condition. Chrystele decided to go for the two tone look: she wanted to paint the legs with a dark color paint and leave the top
The Hubs and I frequently visit historic downtown Brunswick, Georgia. It’s only about an hour up I-95, and there are several secondhand furniture stores we like to visit. Not to mention, the delicious food and hospitality at our favorite watering hole, Tipsy McSway’s. The Story Behind the Coffee Table While visiting one of the secondhand