If you’re a fan of industrial furniture and looking for creative ways to repurpose drawers? I have you covered with these repurposed industrial drawers into shelves. I found my old drawers at my favorite scrap dealer while looking for old furniture pieces to upcycle. They were still inside an old and rusty industrial table. They […]
Repurposed Dresser Ideas
1. Kitchen islands from old dressersThis is one of my favorite repurposing. Kitchen islands made from old dressers are both original and useful. They can be even more convenient if you manage to add casters. This is also a good repurposing idea for dressers with missing drawers. The first upcycling case we wanted to share with you is this old dresser with a new top and painted in white and blue. The after is just amazing. I totally agree with Rachel, there is reason to be obsessed wit it. Source: Upcycledsmithery on Instagram I’m also a huge fan of this DIY country style kitchen island. The drawers on the piece worked poorly, so Kate knew it would be the perfect candidate to turn into a kitchen island. Even if the original piece was not really a dresser – but more a sideboard – I would recommend you checking out this kitchen island made by Christina from a freebie. This post includes step by step tutorial with pictures.
2. Elegant Bathroom VanityAnother trendy repurposing idea I wanted to try when we were remodeling our bathroom. Unfortunately, I never found the perfect dresser for this project. They were either not tall enough or too large for our small bathroom. Anyway, this is really a cool project I would love to try some day. Find the perfect dresser for your own bathroom and check out this photo tutorial to make a unique bathroom vanity.
3. Printer Station for Home Office UseThis is one of the funniest project Christina has been working on. She repurposed on old dresser with missing drawers into a printer station for home office use. Of course, it could be used a as entryway table as well.
4. Big or Small Cabinet, it’s up to you!Small cabinets are always so hard to find, so repurposing an old dresser is the perfect solution! Don’t worry if the drawers are wonky, you won’t need them! Discover this custom made job by Christina for one of her client. She repurposed on old and boring dresser into a cabinet that will serve as storage for quilting supplies. By the way, the blue paint is gorgeous!
5. Farmhouse pantryAnother astonishing transformation is this gorgeous farmhouse pantry made from an old orange dresser. Christina was thrilled because this piece sold the same day she posted it!
6. Changing tableHaving a baby usually involves a lot of purchases: stroller, car seat, crib, changing table… Unfortunately your house or apartment won’t magically expand just because you become parents. If you’re looking for a space saving solution, why not turn your dresser into a diaper changing station? You won’t need buying a dedicated changing table and you can still enjoy all the storage space provided by your beloved dresser. All you have to do is building a detachable changing table top. Discover how Emily build her own Changing Pad Tray in a couple of hours.
7. BookshelfRepurposing an old dresser into a bookshelf is the perfect idea for tall dressers. Don’t be afraid of loose or missing drawers anymore, you won’t need them! If the drawers are in good shape, you can always save them for another project. Such upcycling requires some construction work but definitely worths the efforts! Discover this cute bookshelf made with an old dresser by Gail Wilson, from My Repurposed Life.
8. BenchYou found an old dresser with missing or badly damaged top, no problem! You may repurposed it into a cozy bench. Christina from Kinz and River found a broken little dresser at a garage sale – It was missing the top and the top drawer so she gutted it, fixed the drawers it did have and turned it into this very cute bench. I would love to have such a piece in my entry hall.
9. Bar or beverage centerDressers can also be repurposed as charming and functional beverage center. This DIY portable bar from an old dresser by Bliss is so cool!
10. TV standOld dressers, especially long ones, you know, the kind of piece that would never fit in your shoe sized bedroom, may sneak into your living room and serve as TV stand. They provide plenty of storage space and missing drawers may easily be replaced with baskets to store remote controls or video game controllers. Even Chelsea’s dog seems proud of this repurposed dresser into a TV stand.
Disclosure: This post was compensated and written in collaboration with Blue Ridge Tools. All opinions are my own. I found this old dresser for FREE as part of a package deal. We were in the process of creating his and her office space in a small area of my shop. I decided to repurpose this
I have a client who is currently renovating a family farmhouse into a quilting studio. She had recently seen one of our repurpose chest of drawer projects (you can see it here) and asked if we could do the same thing and turn her chest of drawers into a cabinet. The cabinet will serve as
As many of you may already know, I love taking a piece of furniture and giving it an entirely different look and use. I feel this makes the piece unique and one-of-a-kind, as well as a statement piece. One that can’t be found in any furniture store. Let’s see how we took this Outdated Orange